Home > Blog Adventures, General Site Maint > Blog Traffic Surfing Sites

Blog Traffic Surfing Sites

December 29th, 2005 ^Lestat Leave a comment Go to comments

I’ve tried a few of these blog traffic surfing sites. Some have been successful. They have given me traffic etc. Some visitors come back again outside of the realm of the ’surf bars’. It’s nice to have a few regular readers. Unfortunately what I haven’t seen from this type of traffic is any affiliate or adsense revenue.

I have noticed some things. I noticed that over at BlogClicker, the credits I receive for surfing have started to ‘lessen’. Over at blogAdvance I’ve had times where my account shows I’ve earned manual credits, but I was unable to transfer them or allocate them in the control panel. The control panel would show I hade none, yet the surf bar would show at least 10 credits. At BlogExplosion I’m pretty pleased.

I haven’t gone one day without winning some mystery credits. The user interface is pretty easy. I was able to assign surfing credits and banner credits intuitively. I’ve voted for blogs in the ‘battle of the blogs’ contest. (I’ve won and lost some of those battles as well). You can even rent your blog, or have your blog rented. The rentor gets a position on another bloggers page for a fee of credits. That also generates some traffic. I saving up my credits for a reputable page to hopfully rent some space. There are many opportunities to gain credits.

Today I received a newsletter from BlogMad. I signed up there after finding out they haven’t launched yet. After all the experiencees I’ve been having, I’m quite curious how well their service will work. I hope it isn’t a letdown. They are promising a 1:1 ratio! The newsletter included some screenshots of the soon to be launched site.

News and main page
Directories
Your referral Page
IRC chat Page

The newsletter also included a list of sites that will be Beta testing. I would really like to be part of that. It would be nice to be able to give input from a ‘users’ point of view. They are including a mascot naming contest which the prize is of course some credits and bragging rights. They are also still accepting signups with bonus credits for referrals. As far as the irc thing goes, I’m not too sure about that. Iv’e seen quite a few channels get taken over. Hopefully that no longer happens. If your still interested in signing up, you can still get in on the early referral credits. Just give the button a click BlogMad!

Categories: Blog Adventures, General Site Maint Tags:
  1. December 29th, 2005 at 09:44 | #1

The problem I have with all of these sites is that I think many people just surf through the sites so that they will get more people to come to their sites, all the time not really reading the other person’s blog. I’m always surprised at how few people actually click any link whether in my articles or in my ads. That would indicate to me that either they are not reading it at all or have zero curiosity – I haven’t quite figured out which it is – probably a combo of both.

2. December 29th, 2005 at 09:50 | #2

I tend to agree with you on this point. I have seen many of the same blogs over and over. So sometimes I just rip right through to get the credits… I can’t believe I’m the only one who feels this way.

I’m no blogging pro by any means, but there are quite a few blogs out there that are quite below par. (This one may be included). I have seen a few ‘good ones’, and blogmarked them. I think my list is of 4. I really hope I’m not on the list of junky ones. Otherwise I may as well sign up at shittyblogs.

3. December 29th, 2005 at 13:43 | #3

hi ^lestat

We got your suggestion for the blog guy.

We’ll be sure to add it to the short list.

Thanks for this cool write up about our service, in appreciation we are adding an additional 25 credits to your account.

I’d like to just comment on the comment left by Mark. And in response, the FACT that traffic sites don’t bring you READERS is very valid, we know this. Which is why we, blogmad.net, are going to be using our other existing sites’ traffic to channel over 2 million page views a month to blogs whose owners who utilise blogmad.

Thats also how we are going to maintain a 1:1 ratio

Because we already get that traffic monthly anyway and we’ll charge you a portion of a credit for 1 visitor that does not originate from blogmad.net but from other sources.

This way we are able to give our users a better than 1:1 ratio

4. December 29th, 2005 at 14:13 | #4

as well , why dont you write us an email motivating why you would be a good beta tester and we’ll consider adding you to the list

5. December 29th, 2005 at 14:37 | #5

I’m lucky enough to have got chosen, and I wish you good luck!

6. December 31st, 2005 at 15:59 | #6

Hi, I’m the buy from technology rants blog that’s got your add on it. Just wanted to say hi. Can’t say, I will get you many hits, but a link up for your blog.

Interesting article about traffic exchanges. I surf alot at blog explosion. I feel it’s helped me see alot of other blogs, and see what I like. Also I’ve found a few blogs, that I do like. The ones I don’t I put on my do not show list.

Going to go put up that link

steve